The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to add this feature to my machine. Has anybody attempted this conversion? (A newbie to the forum.)

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Nope. There are 2 electric clutches, they both shut off. I suppose one could make a design to only shut off one, but that would likely not take you to 1/2 rate....more likely 2/3.

·
Super Moderator
2,657 Posts
Nope. There are 2 electric clutches, they both shut off. I suppose one could make a design to only shut off one, but that would likely not take you to 1/2 rate....more likely 2/3.
Why you say 2/3rds?
Claas sea greens are 1/2 rate.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
My comment is more a "practical" guess than anything. Shut off 1 of the 2 cross augers, and you are still getting all the grain thats gravity fed into the vertical auger as well as a possibly increased feed from the single running auger. (Assuming that 2 augers kinda "force feeds" the vertical auger, and a half full vertical auger will accept more grain from just 1). At least that's always what I see on my combines...the back auger goes down way faster after the front one empties.

·
Super Moderator
2,657 Posts
No gravity feed on Claas, I thought there would be as well but within 1 second of shutting cross augers off (nothing special to do, just turn auger off as normal) vertical tank auger empties regardless of tank level.

While hopper appears to empty that way I’m sure the provide equal flow to vertical auger.

I scoffed at tank shutoff augers initially but the large diameter long augers now showing up it’s an excellent feature.
And the large hoppers make auger emptying more likely as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Our 8120 has had the kit added to it, it was on there when we got it, it's one feature that I wouldn't do without in the future. Not having a full auger hanging out there in the field is a huge deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts