The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it been talked about already but does anybody know where to buy these chips. Do they work? pros and cons?Any info would be great. looks like we are going to have a big wheat crop with lots of straw more power would be nice.

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts
Check out Steinbauer, they make some really good chips, some even have remote control so you can turn them on and off from the cab.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
warranty is not an issue, my combines are already on thier third season. And stress on the combine i don't understand why it would be any different then an 9870 it all the same parts. 9870 just fan more power. With more hp the motor the 9870 has more cooling and bigger fuel tank. Its the same combine

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i know that!!!!!!! LOL. I was replying to farmerjones who say i was going to more stress on my combine component chipping my 9770. A 9870 and 9770 had the same components. all thier is different is HP!!!
Meaning a BIGGER engine.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Personally, (take this how you want to) I don't see a problem chipping a 96 to reach the hp of a 97, however I think the 9.0 litre engine in the 97 is about at the max capacity already without it being asked to find a bit more.

·
Registered
479 Posts
They have the programing to actually control the injectors most others just increase the rail pressure big diff.

·
Registered
211 Posts
ADS also has a module that controls injector timing and duration. It should be part # JD 2800 for 9.0L engine. They work very well. There are zero issues with ecm fault codes with this module compared to previous designs that had trouble with newer software updates to ecm. Definitely more money compared to original ADS module for 9.0L engine but less than Steinbauer.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: Performance module for a 2009 9670.

Has anyone got any information on the Steinbauer stuff?

Looking at all options before purchasing. Thank you Amax for your quick reply yesterday with the JD CR2000.

Seems that a module that doesn't just increase fuel pressure in the common rail might be a bit better?

Thanks to anyone who can comment on both types of module.:)

Really cold in central NSW today with a chance of frost over the next 2 mornings - it's the middle of spring here....We've nearly got our best crop to the bin since 2001. Cereals and Canola should handle frost now, Chickpeas are still vegetative and flowering.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts