The Combine Forum banner

Wanted to buy TM6 sieve for a 585R

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  seedcleaner 
#1 ·
I am looking for a set of TM6s for my 06 585R. Please contact me if you have them for sale.

Thank you,

#2 ·
FYI, I use one for our 740. Hard to compare to our deep tooth factory sieve.
What conditions and reason do you want one?

Does anyone know the characteristics of a TM6 such as needing more or less air, more or less opening. I think a TM6 is actually an airfoil chaffer, but could be wrong.

#7 ·
What we see is you can run them opened up a little more in wheat and have cleaner grain. Use the same amount of fan speed to slightly more. (50 rpm or so depending on crop) They also change the direction of the airflow to a more up air flow then the frog tooth. this in turn slows down the rate of travel that the crop and mog is traveling over the sieve to give the grain more chance to fall through. You do gain capacity in wheat somewhat (5% or so)but the greatest gain was in canola (10%or more). (providing that your loss was sieve related and not rotor related.) We have only used them in Wheat, Canola , peas, barley I have No idea how it preforms in corn or soybeans. hope this helps.

#3 ·
The Lexion guys in my area run them harvesting spring wheat. I haven't been around them myself, they just say that the grain sample is cleaner when used and much more difficult to loose grain over the sieve.

I maybe wrong, I don't have first hand experience. I heard they are fine in soybeans, but for corn they don't handle high volume and moisture very well.

Can anyone comment on this?

#9 ·
I have been harvesting 70-85 bpa srww today. 40 ft, 3 mph. Lodged, lots of straw, cutting low, some green stem yet. Grain is around 14%.

I have my TM6 set wide open at 27mm(haven't verified by measuring but its close) during the heat of the day. In the morning or evening, I close the sieve down to about 22. Bottom I play with from 5-10mm. Crank Kit installed.

HHS small grain aps, disawning open more all the time as grain is drying. 7-15mm concave, Intensive threshing segment in but needs removed as wheat is now dry. Roundbar concave. Open cylinder, rotor plates open.

The fan/sieve loss monitor I still have a hard time comprehending on the Lexion. I am used to a 2388 that needs 1200+ rpm. I run my loss monitors up higher than most, both were set on 75 today. My sieve loss shows very high if I turn my fan up that high. I really think at 1200, green stems and some shriveled light grain hit the sensors. I just wouldn't think grain would blow out at 1200 rpm with the sieve wide open. I have the exact same issue in soybeans. The fan running from 950-1050 is a good balance of low sieve monitor loss, and clean grain in the tank.

#11 · (Edited)
Yes, and no. No, as in, I am always looking for better. Always trying to improve upon something. I see any grain on the ground and I try to figure out how to do better. I think the Lexion saves the most grain compared to any other brand, but it still has limitations. Looking at the machine and its size of separating, it would appear that it wouldn't lose a kernal but...the last .5 or 1% of grain loss is very hard to eliminate.

Back in the day, had Gleaners before my time, 1460 and 7700? when I was very young. Went through three 9500's and converted back to 2388. Had two of those. One of the 2388's was traded on the 740. Had a 2588 that was just traded on a 8230 with CNH 40' draper but haven't run it myself. Machines lately have really changed. The Lexion is an interesting machine. Built very well along with a lot of moving parts. Not complicated, just a lot of "it".

Any machine can have a clean sample...just tighten down the bottom sieve, but then you have no capacity (performance). This goes the other way also. What will the sample and grain loss look like if you want a lot of capacity. I think the Lexion does well with the sample and performance. I ran Gordon airjet chaffers in the 2388 and it also had a good balance of sample and capacity...maybe slightly in favor to a clean sample.

The Lexion, or any more modern machine, can really be tweaked on the go. For starters, it is our first with electric sieve adjustment, which can be addictive. It is interesting how you can tune them in as conditions change. The response time for its settings is lightning fast. Fan rpm can go from slow to fast in seconds. The 2388 was very slooooow at any electric adjustments. I would hate to give up the glass return window from the cab. That is priceless. I do wish the auger was bigger/slower to get a better view of the material. HHS sprocket doesn't help that.

My biggest issue with the Lexion is soybean splits...not bad, but it doesn't look as good as I can get with a red rotor. Part of the issue could have been the clean grain elevator chain that wouldn't hydraulically tighten like I thought it was. The hidden slack of the chain on the back side fooled me. The cylinder needed help with a pry bar tensioning the upper sprocket.

I think a few things changed in the future will help. Upgrade to an enclosed cylinder, install rotor flow kit, modify something to slow down the 6k bushel clean grain system to more like 3k for gentler handling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.