The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we finished seeding on Monday May long weekend and now we are cleaning up. In the past I have always had a Deere Cart. But this year we bought a new BG 7960 cart. My question to you guys who own steel tanks. Do you wash the inside of these things. I know my Deere was plastic but everything else that wasn't plastic would rust all to heck. Now I'm a little scared with this bourgault. I paid a fortune for it, like to keep it in good shape. Any advice on washing and cleaning steel tanks.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Have washed my bourgault some years and other years just cleaned out and blew inside out and ran cat litter out the auger. Washing it out seemed to make it rust worse for me. Washing the bottom of the loading auger out after blowing the fertilizer out is a must. Seal the tank up in the off season, but do not latch the lids. Just let them sit down on their own weight and the gasket seals will last forever.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
I would wash the outside of it but wouldn't bother with the inside. Just blow it out good and BG says to put a bag of floor-dry in the bottom and through the auger. On the deluxe auger I would wash and oil the auger tray. Last fall I did not lubricate those double augers at the bottom and they seized up solid! Probably just running some wheat through the auger at the end would be a good idea if you have time.;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts