The Combine Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a quarter of flax that has seen lots of rain and now is very water logged. Water is standing throughout this gentle slopping field on at least 10%, plus an additional third to half is very water logged that I can't even drive the quad through area without sinking in the soup. Crop looks excellent though but it's been this way for 10 days over the last two big rains. Its still dark green on top but in places its a bit smaller and some yellow leaves at bottom. Does anyone have any experience with this? It seems its going to still be ok, heat is in the forecast.

But I still need to spray it. Was planning on using centurion and buctril M. I could switch to curtail easily though as I know its safer. Both these chemicals are going to knock it back, its about 10 cm high now. I will for sure be waiting a few days yet to try it but what does everyone think about this situation? Is it under stress in this water logged soil? Will spraying it be the end of it, should I leave it? Going to use a full rate of tilt with herbicide as well as 2L of foliar fertilizer (Black Label). Thoughts?

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you have kochia don't use curtail m, mine is same way I sprayed it the day before weekend rain. Looked like crap all weekend now that the sun is out starting to look good again. I left some the has authority on it this spring seemed to be almost weed free so didn't want to rut it all up for no reason.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
The foliar fert should help with the crop stress, have u looked into something called phosFX? I think that's what it's called, I remember my retailer telling me about it and it will help along a stressed crop.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'd wait if you can but I'd stick with buctril as opposed to curtail. I did a field this year with equinox curtail and the rest with equinox, buctril, green with envy. Had to re spray the curtail for broadleaf, not sure if the gwe helped that much but I feel it helps sharpen weed control and boosts the crop a bit to help it overcome the chem. always use it with group 2's. IMO.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I have the same issue how big can the Flax be ? mine will be 8" by the time I can do it!!! Buctril and Centurain 10gal. cool part the day !! Whats everyone's experience spraying that big?!!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have the same issue how big can the Flax be ? mine will be 8" by the time I can do it!!! Buctril and Centurain 10gal. cool part the day !! Whats everyone's experience spraying that big?!!
It'll twist up for a few days. Might always see a kink in the plant, but it's better than not spraying.

It's registered up to early bud. I sprayed some last year 5 days before it started to flower. Where my stand was good, it made 30-40 bushel so turns out it wasn't a problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.