The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put our first coat on our 7010 a few weeks ago. There has to be something better than what we are using. Any recommendations as to what to use on exterior plastic? Never had to wax the old Gleaner...but glad I switched. Combine does a great job.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
What are you using now? There's a thread around here somewhere that's got some pretty good advice, but I can't remember where it is (even though I started it
). I think it's in the General forum and it's called something like Paint Care Tips.

I did the 2388 once and that was enough for me. That's a lot of paint to take care of. I might think about doing again after fall harvest, but it definitely isn't a summer job.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A Turtle Wax configuration. My son thought he recalled a wax for the shells of these new combines offered by John Deere that was special made for the need. The one I used was a pain...sort of like getting half done and wishing I had never started.

·
Registered
196 Posts
There is a nother thread also about a product called "Wizzards final cut or finish cut" can't reamber which one, but it worked REAL GOOD but was a real pain to put on. I used a polisher to apply it. It took a long time to do the whole combine but the results were amazing!

·
Registered
51 Posts
john deere has a wax I think it is called quick shine wax or something like that it comes in a spray bottle just spray on and wipe off. waxed two combines one year one with this stuff and one with turtle wax. the turtle wax was a little shinier but the deere wax repelled the dust

1 - 6 of 6 Posts