The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade Swather after harvest and looking for a WDX 1202 or 1203 with a 36" header

I'm just curious what are the differences between the 1202 and the 1203 if any.

And what should to look for when looking at one?

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Not much really, I have had both. I think they upped hydraulic pressure at some point, might have been at the model change. There was a joystick change and maybe rear spindles. Nothing that I would worry too much about. There were upgrades to the Honeybee headers, lots of little ones all over. Condition and options would make my decision if I were looking for one...and price.;)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how do they ride? I have an CIH 8820 now and it's a rough thing hoping the newer ones are smoother ride. i'll probably never get to drive one in the field before purchasing.

also how good are the honey bee head in canola and cereals? never had or ran one

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Yes rides good with cab suspension. I have hydraulic tilt and that is a nice feature for all crops. I don't have a problem at all in canola and don't have shears installed. As long as you cut the right way it will handle lots of crop. Mine are 36' and have a nice wide opening.:)

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
I know I would like double knife drive but I'm curious of the reels which is better the single piece or the split reel, I've never had a split reel before.
One piece reel can sag and get teeth clipped off, double reel had a roll-pin in the middle coupler that would fail from time to time. I now have a double reel that is driven from each end. There are updates for the reels that re-enforce the cam drive area: better attached to center tube and where reel bats are attached to linkage. (UII reel) I've had both one and two piece reels and it's almost a coin toss. A rough operator could wreck a single reel easier I think.;)

·
Registered
493 Posts
One piece reel can sag and get teeth clipped off, double reel had a roll-pin in the middle coupler that would fail from time to time. I now have a double reel that is driven from each end. There are updates for the reels that re-enforce the cam drive area: better attached to center tube and where reel bats are attached to linkage. (UII reel) I've had both one and two piece reels and it's almost a coin toss. A rough operator could wreck a single reel easier I think.;)
X2
I prefer the split reel because I hate clipping off a bunch of reel fingers when I hit a sprayer rut. The 36 foot UII single reel just flexes so much you cannot run it close to the knife.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Had a hart carter split reel at one time and it was an absolute nightmare in canola. It would wrap around the bushings and the center reel support. Resorted to using a filleting knife to cut stuff out. Switched to a one piece dual drive 6 bat U11 reel and works much better. Also found hydrostat a little weak when in mud.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
I have had a few that were a bit sluggish for power bit there is a screw on the side of the engine that fixes that.;)

UII split reel has never wrapped on me. Sometimes there can be a dead spot in VERY short wheat right in the middle between the reels but that is rare. Good idea to keep a spare roll-pin handy for that coupler and you should be fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.