The Combine Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Should have started a poll on whether or not people think this will go smoothly! To bad, I liked this site and learned a lot here, on the other hand, will likely have some more free time. I was really hoping that someone would have solved the debate, what is better: Deere or Claas? Guess we will never find out!!!! lol See you all in the next life!

·
Registered
231 Posts
So if (when) this forum goes dead, what other sites/ places are you guys going to go for information/conversation? I’ve checked out other sites after the password fiasco and longed for the days of old pre-fiasco with what I found. Agriville is 99% arguing and bitching and politics/climate change, NewAgTalk is mostly USA based and a crappy format. I’m not on any social media and it seems like guys in my area stay very tight lipped about farming information during face to face conversations. I will miss this. The few of us left here should figure out a way to continue the conversation, but where?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
A what’s app group could work. Phone numbers will be seen, so not much privacy with that. I’m on twitter and don’t mind that, the way the threads work though you can easily miss parts of it. I’m not on Facebook, but assume a group there would work also.

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
So if (when) this forum goes dead, what other sites/ places are you guys going to go for information/conversation? I’ve checked out other sites after the password fiasco and longed for the days of old pre-fiasco with what I found. Agriville is 99% arguing and bitching and politics/climate change, NewAgTalk is mostly USA based and a crappy format. I’m not on any social media and it seems like guys in my area stay very tight lipped about farming information during face to face conversations. I will miss this. The few of us left here should figure out a way to continue the conversation, but where?
I honestly like the format here, hopefully they don't screw it up too bad. Discussions can be brought up and followed up on at a later date which I find very useful, on Agtalk if you can't get a response in a few hours it gets lost in the abyss. I can't bring myself to post on there even though I am a member. Heard good things about the whats app, I think it allows dialogue even if different countries are involved which also is useful.

I'm optimistic that we will be able to salvage what we have here. Seems to me that after the password fiasco they actually made some useful changes such as the "like" option and the active topics were expanded so activity could be seen past the first couple dozen threads. Here's hoping it works out!

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discord would be actually pretty good.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.