The Combine Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody needs help or farmers need help we we have all the equipment for the job and we maybe if the fall harvest is still good we could use help maybe like I said if you need help when we need help we will call you thank you have a wonderful day

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes god has blessed us to have some acres so we just go down do what we got and see if we can get more hope to hear about some good acres in ks start down south of I-40

·
Registered
382 Posts
Chances are, you'll be able to find a few acres, since other crews are staying home. I wouldn't plan on hauling many bushels though

·
Registered
382 Posts
Many places are disasters. I read an article that said 76% of Oklahoma's wheat crop is in poor to very poor condition. There are a few random fields that'll make it to the teens. I know it's not much, but it might make it worth a drive. :cool:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Many folks are swathing their wheat acres, since they drought has also left shortages of hay. Leave the combines at home and bring some hay rakes! If a person can figure out how to merge 6 swathes of hay, they're have it made.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A few harvesters have shown up around here in the last couple days ( northwest Texas), but not near what usually shows up though. Talked to one harvester from Kansas who told me he had 1000 acres to cut and was glad to have it. He just wants to get in the combine. Too bad it will all be 12-15 bushel wheat. Not much for 3 8120s

Speaking of neighbors cutting local, I was able to pick up about 600 acres because a neighbors harvesters weren't coming down. It's a silver lining since I need the custom check to make up for my poor wheat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well we will hope for the best and if anybody needs or knows of somebody needing custom cutters would love the acres and in the fall we will need help and can return the favor to others

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ive been told that you cant cut wheat in texas from Kansas and that you don't know going to cut until you've cut it. I wish you the best of luck and hope to run into you down there somewhere.

·
Registered
97 Posts
All's that I know is that us harvesters aren't going to make the payments if we sit at home crying over spilled milk. Just need to cut as much as we can where there is wheat tighten up the pocket book a little bit. And pray for the best.

·
Registered
332 Posts
All the die hards I know are headed down to Texas or Oklahoma or are already there.

Don't know about Keller, I know Farris, Nelson, Dieberts and Altendorfs are all around Haskell and Wichita Falls, (I know Farris starts in ok)

Anybody seen Olsens? What about Brathen? Any updates would be appreciated...

Anybody been catching the harvest report?

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm 4 hrs from my first stop in Munday. I'm taking one machine where we usually take five. And I won't even break even on the deal. I'm just doing it for a customer hoping to get some seed wheat for next year. We all live on next year.

·
Registered
546 Posts
My two brothers are taking 6 of the 8 machines on harvest still. they were loaded yesterday and will be leaving for Kingfisher Ok. this weekend. They say that they still have wheat to cut.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got a little work to do down OK happy to just have that and maybe more if anybody knows or needs help we can help and we can use you maybe in the fall got big high moister job

1 - 17 of 17 Posts