The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1990 1680 seems to require alot of power to move it through the field. We farm some pretty hilly ground but this season it really seems to pull the motor down below the lower limit. The other day it completely quit pulling itself up a hill. After engaging the RWA it climbed on up. Was wondering what it might be. Should I have the transmission, hydrostat, or something else checked?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Are you losing power as in the motor pulling down and losing rpms? If your losing power at the motor the first thing I would do is replace the manual fuel pump on the engine. I started losing power in my 1680 and it was the pump going bad.

If that isn't the case then I would guess you might have a hydro problem.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Like the previous post said if you are not losing many rpms but won't pull up a hill then hydro pump and motor are likely shot. Had the same problem on my cotton picker and the hydraulic shop said it wouldn't have made it another year. If you have to rebuild the hydro, be sure to replace the coupler connecting it to the pto. Also coulb be happening cause hydraulic fluid is low or filter is plugged

1 - 4 of 4 Posts