The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a deal pending on a 06 cr 970 and was wondering what are some things I should be looking at for before buying?

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
We have an 05 that has about 800 sep hours on I think. Had a feeder chain go out, but it was stressed from before (rust in the crack) so not a big deal. Filters for the engine are pricey, but the oil change interval is 600 hrs. Can't think of any problems other than that but its only a year. Wait till Jester gets on here (or pm him) because he knows about problems and such.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Look to see if rubber chopper infeed roller has been updated to the steel dimpple style. Also make sure the grain loss sensor pad has the guard installed under it, and there are no holes in the rotor covers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! New to the forum, how do I pm jester? Also new to cr combines, have run tx combines for the last 10 yrs. Where exactly do I look for the rubber infeed roller? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Its driven by a hydraulic motor. It rolls the material into the chopper if it doesn't get propelled to it far enough. I did not realize there was an update. I just took a hole saw and moved it 8 inches further forward so there was a bigger hole for the straw (green pea stems were worst) to get through and no more problems.

For a pm, you can click on the member's tab in the bar at the top of the page, then go to 'J' and find jester. Click on his name and it will have send personal message on it. When you get a reply it will say you have a new message under your name at the top of the page where right now its probably says 0 messages, 0 are new.

maineman, when have you noticed the rotor covers start wearing on the CRs? I've done my TR twice, but the CRs look a lot heavier built.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To check the rotor covers do you just go through the grain tank and open up the door in the tank and look from there? Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts