The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good question... I am interested in an answer to this as well. We seem to go through a lot of them with the short crops we've been having the last few years

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nope. They are patented and only available through the dealers.

I had to do 3 40ft headers last year so I shopped around and haggled and the cheapest price believe it or not came from John Deere at 12.50 each, everywhere else was between 14-18$ per. Came in yellow john Deere bags, still was over 3 grand for a bunch of injection molded poly.

I would reccomend doing the white center skidplates as well if those are worn. Reduces pushing in the middle in wet conditions.

And the big adjustable skid shoes I would just take right off the header all the way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why do you take of the big adjustable ones? The center white ones are easy to build. Is that 12.50 American?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Why do you take of the big adjustable ones? The center white ones are easy to build. Is that 12.50 American?
Northern peso.

We set up the headers to run as much as possible on the knifebar poly, and take the training wheels off because they build up with crap underneath which can jam the canvases and tend to drag more in poor cutting conditions such as late October soybeans. Also removing the shoes and brackets from the very outside wingtips removes a ton of unsprung weight from the tips, makes for a more responsive header

·
Premium Member
5,262 Posts
Has anyone found a replacement for the white skid shoe plastics for the skid shoes on the outside? The dealer wants around $131 for them.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Look on shoup parts I ordered new skid plastic through them for my 635f. Way cheaper including shipping than the dealer. Plastic came says made in Canada on the back side

1 - 10 of 10 Posts