The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9610 with the large floatation tires(35.2 30) or whatever is close. My header looks like the guards are pointing at an angle to the ground(down). Do I need a wedge kit to make this a better angle. It doesn't feed good especially going downhill. I think the header should be tilted back but don't know how. Hope someone can help because if the wind blows and the sun comes out it won't be back to the shop until Christmas.

·
Registered
400 Posts
yes, a wedge kit would be really helpful in your situation. a customer of mine had 2 9750's with those 35.5R32 marshmallow tires and they had a 3 degree wedge on both machines and the heads fed great

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much is such a kit? And can i still use the chain style hookups or will I have to convert to pto drive hookups? Thanks alot!

·
Registered
492 Posts
You will need the PTO shaft conversions since the header shafts will be moved forward several inches from the normal position once you install the wedge adapter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had the same problem and went to larger rear tires--16.9 X 26 to 18.4 X 30--not only got the header angle right it increased capacity as the walkers and shoe had an up hill angle.
Plus with the 35.5 on front the mudhog was spinning alot when in 2nd gear and bigger rear tires helps this problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts