The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Auto part Fender

Built from an old mixing belt off a tug along swather and the remains of an old chaser bin auger. Driven by the spinner drive for the sts purchased from a wrecker.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Nice work Nig. The ones I've seen look to use conveyor belts, but your idea with the auger seems a lot less complicated, and cheaper.

One day you're a big auger on a chaser bin, and the next you're pushing chaff off the back of a header. How times change :)

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually have had a chaff cart that I had built in the nineties and stopped using it a couple of years ago. Unfortunately I scorched my neighbour burning the heaps, not seriously but it was quite the effort to burn all those heaps every year. Right now we just let the weeds out compete each other. I have made a device to spray the trams. I may use it more next year.
The chaff cart was effective in keeping a clean system clean . I stopped using it for five years or so and paid the price.
I have racked me brain how to make a weed distructor. I have considered a rod mill trailed behind the harvester (like a ball mill but with poly rods inside) I have considered separating the fines and coarse seeds and using a flour mill for fines and a roller mill for coarse. This system at the moment has a sieve behind the grain pan to limit the material that goes into the stream. Apparently the new Harrington system is much less entailed that the DeBruin machine, it is also mounted directly on the harvester.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Nig,
if you have more photos of this that'd be great.
Cheers,
Sorry I haven't got back to that Ad. Had a fairly catastrophic event with it the other day. My sieve attachment at the back of the grain pan collapsed an when it fell onto the conveyor it tore the drape that was there. It was an odd width so we rebuilt it to use a narrower side draper. I am thinking for less mechanical complexity and using only one moving part to use an old Kirby spreader and a duct. Blind off one side so it only throws one way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.