The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchasing a Weedit Quadro and I am trying to decide if I want to use the PWM function for broadcast spraying. Is it worth it or should I just use the spot spraying feature and spray conventionally for broadcast. We will be putting the system on a 120ft r4045 and will use for all of our spraying passes. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just put in my Weedit order last week. The few guys I've talked to hadn't used theirs for much besides spot spraying but I plan on trying out the PWM when I get it set up.

·
Super Moderator
548 Posts
Yeah, PWM for broadcast definitely adds a lot of flexibility if you wanted to use it. Probably no reason not to use it?

Adds another factor of savings in turn comp (~1-3%), speed flexibility, tighter section control (individual nozzles I think on the weedit platform?).
At least good to learn how and where it might work for you.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I just put in my Weedit order last week. The few guys I've talked to hadn't used theirs for much besides spot spraying but I plan on trying out the PWM when I get it set up.
I just did the same as you. Unfortunately I don't think I'll have my WeedIt ready to go in time for my first fallow herbicide application this year, but that's the way it goes.

I'm curious to try the functionality were you can use a lower blanket rate using the PWM and then use a higher rate in spots where it detects a weed. I can see this being useful for that first fallow application where mostly what you have is a bunch of small volunteer wheat and cheat grass, but sporadically have a larger mustard plant or thistle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts