The Combine Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Nice truck! Same one as mine. All my tandems have heavy fronts way better in the spring when filling the drill.
have a International with 18 speed and super 40s. 525hp that pulls a pup. The truck is a little heavy 10.8mt. Empty I don’t know if it’s the super 40 or the frame. But one tough truck.

·
Super Moderator
3,041 Posts
[
Just says Allison Auto on spec..
Research says it’s a narrow ratio 3000 which allows up to 370 hp, a wide ratio 3500 is only 330.
The ratio differences are
3000 = 3.49/1.86/1.41/1.00/0.75/0.65
3500 = 4.59/2.25/1.54/1.00/0.75/0.65
Note wide ratio only affects bottom three gears.
I have what is now a 3500.

Do you happen to know your axle ratio?

What you lack in transmission launch torque you make up with higher engine torque.
Once launched your transmission would actually provide slightly harder acceleration due to the close ratio staying closer to torque ”sweet spot”.

One new feature is auto neutral at stop, assume that is brake pedal controlled?
Perhap you didn’t know you even had this, lol.

See Allison claims 14% harder acceleration/higher speed vs manual or automated manual transmissions, first time I’ve seen that.
Sounds about right.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yes your right Don. I don’t have the auto neutral which I would think would be nice.
When I drive this truck. you fill like your driving a pickup truck. Then you have to remind your self that’s it’s a grain truck lol.
you fill like nascar weaving in and out of traffic 😂.
what’s nice about the Allison when backing up to the air cart in soft fields.

·
Super Moderator
3,041 Posts
what’s nice about the Allison when backing up to the air cart in soft fields.
Friend helping me seed, radios
The truck won’t move!
What do you mean?!
It’s sunk in the soft ground and won’t move.
Oh, just pretend you’re 16 again.
What?!
I’ll be there in ten.
Did a brake stand, takes about 10 seconds ramp up to max turbo pressure and converter torque, all three diffs locked, release brakes, the 31 tonne truck popped out of the wheel holes.

Think Kenton was a less adventurous driver than me. Ever.
Not sure he knew what a brake stand was.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts