The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm not sure where all these headlines have reached, but several families that I know could use all the prayer we can muster. Zachary Short the younger brother of one of my college friends was severely electrocuted in an accident last Saturday when a hired hand started the grain cart on fire by getting the auger into a power line. Zach jumped over the hitch to extinguish the fire not knowing it was electrified, and was shocked. He will lose a leg his other foot and possibly his left arm.

Assaria farmer still critical at Wichita burn unit after injury involving electrical line

6 doors down from him in the hospital is my friend and coworker Scott Mans. He was injured when a plane crashed into the Flight Safety where we work together. He was unable to get the other three out of the sim he was in despite his efforts, and barely survived himself.

Please keep all of the people involved in both of these horrific accidents in your thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Wow! What a run of bad luck for a lot of close people. And all just going about their day like we all do. It seems like too little and too late to say , but it is so important to just slow down and think of the hazards that are all around us every day, and that we take for granted. Best wishes and prayers to all those concerned and let it be a reminder to all of us to try to be aware of the dangers all around us in this fast paced world we live in.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zach'is story could have been much different with a few more moments to access the situation, but that's easier said then done when your tractor is on fire. The three people at flight safety that perished did nothing wrong, they showed up to work and where hit in a flight simulator by an actual airplane. Scott tried valiantly to save them and narrowly survived.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.