The Combine Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
jhh, being someone else who goes through the joys of fixing silo unloaders - I gotta ask. Did you have to haul the welder up the silo 40ft, or did it break when silo was empty !?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Had a friend who lived across the street from the hospital and was a pipeline welder and got welders flash. He woke up in the middle of night and could not see so he just ran to the hospital across the street and yelled I am blind in only his underwear. They though he was crazy and sedated him and sent to the forth floor(mental heath wing) till they figured out what had happened. We still bug him about that one. Not sur what he did for his welders flash.

·
Registered
136 Posts
masseynut is right stare into the brightest lightbulb you can find right away after you think you got a welding flash. It works well I have done it on several occasions. It will definately shorten the healing time with much less pain. I also do have some prescription drops that work well but cant think of the name. They are at home in my fridge and I am in Kansas combining. But next time someone checks on my house I will ask them to check and I will let you know the name.

·
Registered
12 Posts
hellandharvester , thanks , you must do this right away though , if you wait till you have flash , it is too late. If you think you got too much flash when you are welding you must do this right away. I have not had flash since I practiced this procedure. Unfortunately you need to learn at what point is too much. I typically use 3 times to be safe. Best 30 - 60 seconds spent! Trust me , I was told this but learned the hard way.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts