The Combine Forum banner

Are admins running this site into the ground?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's see if I'm the only one (well only one left since many have said piss on this and left) that thinks the admin are jackasses and running the site into the ground.

We all know there is no turning back once I hit the post button because we can't delete threads so there is a pretty high probability that my time is coming to an end here as chances are likely pretty high of me getting the boot.

Anyone have any better places to get together let us know.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I would happily set up another forum as soon as I can get haying done. In the mean time a guy could also use discord. Free uncensored chat. I quickly set up a name. Just a matter of setting up areas specific to what you want to chat about. Join the Combine forum for farmers, by farmers. Discord Server!
I hope it works. Can't get any worse then here.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,748 Posts
Are they only doing what they are told by powers that be above them??

where are you cricket? hiding from Covid?:eek:

Reactions: rod

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keeping this toward the top. Its like an electronic middle finger.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
I would happily set up another forum as soon as I can get haying done. In the mean time a guy could also use discord. Free uncensored chat. I quickly set up a name. Just a matter of setting up areas specific to what you want to chat about. Join the Combine forum for farmers, by farmers. Discord Server!
I hope it works. Can't get any worse then here.
If you’re going to setup another (Combine) forum ....... just make sure it was like the old format, or similar, to this one. Posting pictures & video easily would be very useful in the new forum.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Rod, I really have no idea about setting up a forum. Although I agree with you completely. I have the new free forum up, but have not setup threads or anything. It doesn't look too bad for posting pictures, but is limited to 1mb. I am not sure if there are any other options for forums. Maybe it would be better to have a paid forum? I would think 20 bucks a year just between the regular posters should be enough? Are guys willing? I have no wish to be in complete control over it either. A cooperative effort is my goal where farmers say how it is run.

Reactions: rod

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the most lopsided poll I think I've ever seen here. I PM'd this link to admin. Doesn't matter, they won't do **** and I'm gone anyway. Just going to stick around enough to shove this in their face.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
I never envisioned this forum site to go sideways like it has and from what I see its been administration created or encouraged to have and support ... or even have created the profiles themselves ?, and try to rile up the farmers which it certainly has. I signed up to the newly created site and will see how the transition flows from here to there. It is sad though all the good information on topics/equipment that is here but as long as it stays up it will be accessible by internet searches.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Before too long, the new site will be full of good useful information. All great things have small beginnings.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Certainly some shite going on on this website. I looked at the white moths thread earlier today and it reappeared with no update since I looked last. So if normal and some consistency, it should not show up since its last update was 2 days ago. However, it still shows up as if I didn't just look at it today. Meanwhile Trump thread was never looked at today and it is off of the new list. Somebody obviously is trying to control and manipulate what I see first. It seems someone edits what I am supposed to look at! That is disgusting. As If I need to hunt to find what I am interested in looking at. Newfarmer123 can dominate and spam all and never get banned for ridiculous comments. Talk about stifling free speech!!!!

Reactions: TSIPP

·
Registered
415 Posts
It would be nice if there was a way to notify past members of a new forum. Before the password issues TCF really was in its hay day.
I know Twitter has become many people’s go to resource, and we no doubt lost some members to SM. However IMO the Ag twitter circle has also become a shadow of what it briefly was.
These forums are still a much better platform for Ag discussions than SM.
I wouldn’t be surprised if old members would like to return to a revamped forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
it depends on the information I am looking for.
Twitter has immediate feed back lots of great poster.
The Combine Forum has great historical information on Lexion combines.
AgTalk has more technical information on a wide range of topics.
Ag facebook with a few exceptions is weighted more toward hired men and hobby farmers
I hope they do keep this forum up I am new to it have just found this a few months ago.

TIA Paul

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, still happy with admin?

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,748 Posts
So have you got the pink caddy full of juice to cruise on away from this site cpt?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
So have you got the pink caddy full of juice to cruise on away from this site cpt?
I don't get it? The new forum is for farmers by farmers. Why the problem? We have no spam posters etc. If you like to play with child trolls I guess this is the site. Again, the reason for the new site is because it is a farming site(and always will be). Nothing more, nothing less. Real farmers helping each other. Apparently that that is not in style anymore. I am pretty disappointed to be quite honest with some of the attitudes here. So much for trying to make things better for people who have dirt under their nails. But wtf do I know.

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My pink caddy has horns on the hood!

Fill of juice and the bags are packed. Personally I just exist here to bother the admin.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts