The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a new 8"-50' Auger with mover. Westfield is 3500 cheaper than Brandt and 4500 cheaper than Sakundiak.
Brandt has reversible gearbox. Any problems with the Westfield? The salesman says they are way better than 5 years ago and he's sold a pile to sakundiak guys who like them, says he'd never sell a Brandt to anyone as they are to complicated with moving parts.

I'm not to concerned with loading speed more with reliability and usability of the mover. An extra ten minutes loading a truck isn't a big deal compared to my 25 year old 7" that wants to shake apart.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
You could also look at the Wheatheart instead of the Westfield. Basically the same auger tube but in my opinion a better frame design and no goofy jackshaft for your belts. I have an R series and it is fairly quick simple design good mover and a lot less money than a Brant or Sakundiak.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Never owned a real quiet Sakundiak. A Sakundiak is not worth that much more.
Same money take the Sakundiak. I have a 10" Wheatheart, second flighting running same chain and sprocket up top. I think Wheatheart, Westfield have better flighting and replaceable bottom end. The Sakundiak will not last 1.5 times the others. Sakundiak prob a little quicker.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We have had 4 sakundiaks augers never had a gearbox problem with any of them. Ithink they are abetter auger but that is a lot more money for one. I would not buy a hawes mover we have one and I dont care for it. like wheatheart mover much better. sakundiak will last for along time.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I think that is where the price jumps up too. As I think the Hawes mover is a lot more than the wheat heart.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Don't even get me started about farm king. We have 4 farm king augers different sizes, all have had flighting split in middle. Cheap ******* put a small bolt to joint the flight. We have had to pull the flighting out and weld each one. They only break with u need them! Going forward have one auger for canola and the rest go with conveyors, a little more money but so much nicer to use.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I'm on my third wheat heart 10 inch with their mover, 40 feet and electric clutches, lights, and 40hp motor.... 12grand can't go wrong

·
Registered
447 Posts
Buy a sakundiak - you ll be glad u did , I have 2 ....8-1400 models ,one was brand new in 2012, one ten plus years old... Very solid, quiet and durable augers,

My hawes mover works great! - no puny wheel barrel tires on it like the other brands - and with studded winter tires on the drives, snow is not a problem!!

·
Registered
648 Posts
I have an R10x41 Wheatheart and has been working great so far.Get whatever brand you want but I suggest goin to a 10 inch.If you're not concerned how fast you fill a truck run it half throttle.Two or three years down the road you may change your mind then you can run it full throttle.The truckers will thank you.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Still have a 16 year old Sak, WH mover though, with the seat! On the second engine, 30hp Kohler. Use it with center unload and bin sweep. Not as quiet and smooth anymore.:(
Bought a WH 10x41 with mover and a 37 hp Kohler 1 litre engine. **** of a power house. Wow is a good word, 100 bu a minute, absolute grain cannon! :eek: Not totally smooth at full throttle, but like it was said throttle back. 20 minutes per super B. No brainer go 10".:cool: Oh yes $5000 less than a 8x46 Sak.
What are others using for a hopper on a 10", old one too small. I see some $1000 hoppers listed in the BOOK.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Buddy had the hass on his skiduank, after using it once I was more happy with the wheat heart system and thousands less

Make sure you get enought ponys... Some guys try in tell you 25 is enought for a 10 inch.... What a joke, go forty and don't look back

·
Registered
303 Posts
Like my 10" x 39' Sakundiak, Hawes mover and 38HP Kohler.

Still amazed how fast it is compared to the 8" augers.

Had a bad experience with a Wheatheart in the past so will likely never buy one again. (Factory quality issue causing auger to collapse!)

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
My 8x50 Brandt is faster with 24 HP Onan than 8x46 Sakundiak with 25 HP Kohler. Both have wheatheart movers. sakundiak is smoother. They are both older augers and are better than a 7". It's too bad we have 3 yards, one new 10" would be nice. I have a 8x46 PTO sakundiak. I was thinking of switching it to engine drive and putting a Mover on it. Will it be worth it?

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wound up going with a wheatheart 8", I was going to get a Brandt but could only get the supercharged model and most of my bins have the old small round hole for unloading. I had to cut the safety cage off the wheatheart so there was no way the larger Brandt would fit. I'm going to build a small diameter removable cage asap. Wish I'd upgraded a few years back when I could still get a 7", I know it's slower but it fit the doors better.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Honda boys converted all the gas motors around the farm to honda motors.
Better on fuel last longer and the best starts on the first or second pull winter summer don't matter.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Would like a dollar for every time we've pulled our Wesfield apart, eventually it will be a good auger because it's been rebuilt and redesigned like it should have been in there workshop.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Honda boys converted all the gas motors around the farm to honda motors.
Better on fuel last longer and the best starts on the first or second pull winter summer don't matter.
Must be the single s your talking about they are excellent, but the twins were crap and would hardly run if you walked around them with an ice cream cone let alone in the winter.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts