• Versatile

Votes: 4 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think Claas came out with something new. This year is the AGRITECHNICA in Hannover, so it's good to show something new. Maybe we know more when the harvest starts in Europe.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
At 1.25 (ish) votes per voter looks like New Holland and Versatile gained the most on the last vote run.
While not getting into a what is “significant” discussion, Agco and CIH already have new models, seems Claas is close but no one has offered even any rumours for Deere, New Holland or Versatile.
If Claas does color change does that make it tied with Agco for most significant?
Or not because that will be only in North America?
Pretty sure none of the rest will change color!

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Good R and D does not care about grain markets or equipment prices, competition dictates research must march on knowing they are in a cyclical industry that varies around the world.
It’s becoming pretty obvious Claas is lining something up, you think Deere wants to be caught flat footed because bjtjjl can’t get the prices he wants?
Not just me Don, when Deere dealers wont sell you a new combine because they want to sell inventory they already own, I think it’s more than a few farmers they are worried about. I like new **** as much as anyone, but I think the r and d will slow down for a bit.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Not just me Don, when Deere dealers wont sell you a new combine because they want to sell inventory they already own, I think it’s more than a few farmers they are worried about.
Was at local dealer the other day, asked if they’d be demoing a new combine at Matts (the people I harvest with) this fall.
Oh you bet, we’ll be out there with an S790!
Oh, not looking at something new, a new model?
Don’t think we’ll see anything this year.

Probably correct, usually on this site rumours lead actual events by a few months and it’s crickets so far.
Just thought I’d revive this thread to check the rumour mill!

·
Premium Member
4,294 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I think that poll means that 35.96% of the people on this forum(who probably run JD combines) wish there was a new model.:wink:
Quite likely.

Not sure there is a exact proper time to introduce a new model, say Claas introduces a new model this fall, starts building new model reputation.
Claas already has the fundamental reputation of the highest feed rates at the lowest losses in the industry, a good base to new model from.

Going to be interesting how well all of my (and others here) bitching moved Claas to action on the various complaints!

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Now that we know Class will unveil with their “CLAAS is revolutionising the combine harvester“ plan August 1st at least 30.34% of us are correct!

·
Premium Member
7,948 Posts
Now that we know Class will unveil with their “CLAAS is revolutionising the combine harvester“ plan August 1st at least 30.34% of us are correct!
Actually not quite correct. Only 27 people who voted for Claas are correct and Jason appears to have nailed the date in post #2! He can text me the winning lottery numbers later.:wink:

As for revolutionizing the combine harvester that is a pretty wild claim. Better be something good like a decent sized unload auger or steps in the grain tank on this model, that would be revolutionary.....ha ha ha ha ha

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Shouldn't "new model" had some more definition than significant? Because the JD guy's consider a decal change significant......:troll-face-meme-smi

Speaking of that where did that green beast that was lurking around the NE get to? Seen some spy shot's and that's about it.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
As for revolutionizing the combine harvester that is a pretty wild claim.
That would be a wild claim from for any manufacturer let alone one that normally makes major changes without a word that would be two model changes for some.

Signed up for the Claas UK newsletter, they are always way ahead of Claas of America.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
As for revolutionizing the combine harvester that is a pretty wild claim. Better be something good like a decent sized unload auger or steps in the grain tank on this model, that would be revolutionary.....ha ha ha ha ha
Since this is a worldwide introduction I guess a color change for North America (truckers hauling yellow ones are seeing green ones at the plant) wouldn’t cut it as revolutionary.
Perhaps Claas has jumped on the turbo charged marketing bandwagon?!
Once maybe.
It will be interesting to see how much attention Claas has been paying.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts