The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey we have a new Holland cr9060 and a lexion 480 and we usually do some custom combining ever year just wondering what would be a reasonable price to charge people... we charge by the hour and put our fuel in, what should I charge per combine ? or what do you charge? thanks

·
Registered
849 Posts
I would look at a local university to see what there rates are.

I charge 35$/ acre for beans, I run a 30' head and we can move through a guys beans pretty quick.

for small grains if I am just clipping the grain off the top I charge $35, if I am cutting low so they have straw I charge $38.

for corn I have an 8 row head and most corn in the area is around 100-150 bushels, I charge $38 dollars an acre for corn.

if I have to travel far or make a couple trips to a guy I charge for some of that time, if they are known for not doing the best job they can in the field for picking rock or rough fields I will talk to them about doing a better job the next year or I am adding a couple dollars an acre. if its a guy that just had a bad spring I don't worry about it.

if they plant right up to a tree line I wont run the combine into the trees to get them rows and I tell them that.

·
Registered
849 Posts
8820Titan II with an 843 corn head or 930 flex head. but there is some newer guys or smaller combines charging the same price.

the customers I have are very nice, if they use my wagons they give me a couple bucks on there own, if I had to fight lots of mud or something like that they toss me a couple bucks. there are only a couple random people that a guy has to have a talk with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.