The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`m new to the STS, brought a 9750 earlier this year. We harvest corn, soyabean, cowpea, dolicots(legumes) Grass seed and wheat and would like a concave setup that would do them all with gentleness the main concern.
What do you guys think of a helical in the front and round bar for the other two then add inserts to thrash harder if necessary. Currently all i have is smallwire concaves, which i`m happy to put in for the wheat if necessary as we don`t harvest much wheat.

Any suggestions would be great!!!!!!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your thoughts Dragoguy. I had a look at the link you gave me, was the picture of the concaves there all karcher or was only the middle black one there`s and the other two JD`s for a comparison? Did you find that they still thrashed good but were just more gentle on the crop? cos we still want them to thrash good.

Cheers!

·
Registered
961 Posts
the green one on the left is the deere roundbar, the middle is kuchars, and the one on the right is the deere small wire. i think you will find that with the kuchar concaves you will have superior thrashing compared to the deere and still be more gentle on the grain. like i said, would also recommend his rotor elements but they are pricey.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you guys recon that the karcher concave would thrash soybeans/corn and wheat or should i still use the small wire for wheat? or do i just put inserts in for wheat?. Sorry for all the questions, as i said i`m new to the STS. previously had a 7720. I probobly will just get the concaves first and see how it goes.

·
Registered
961 Posts
we used this concave in all crops that we harvest, (corn wheat beans peas and milo) and it worked very well in all. i will say tho, that i think in hard thrashing beardless wheat, you might get a slightly cleaner sample with the deere small wire concave due to the smaller gap between the bars or wires on the concave. the inserts do help and IMO its not enough dirtier to justify switchin concaves back to the small wire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts