The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 9250 draper head, 30', changed the knife out for a new one, took the old one out and put it back in exactly the same way and when I started it up the top hold down bar where it overlaps is in an S shape now, broke a couple knives and the one center guard on top, repaired everything and now am wondering what the heck I did wrong. I read in the book and it states to time it, started by doing what it said by having both sides out to full stroke and both knives are showing the same mark, a J on both sides, everything turns fine but haven't started it up again. I talked to the dealer and he said the 2 knives should be overlapped at full out stroke and mine isn't, like I mentioned earlier I did everything exactly the same on replacing as removal, any thoughts or suggestions would be great, thanks, feel silly having a problem changing out a simple thing like a knife.

·
Registered
5,380 Posts
Your new knives may require an overlap kit, a small extension that bolts on top of one knife with a few different sections and perhaps a taller hold down. Just guessing though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts