The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just gonna run this by you all. Just bought another 2388 this last Saturday at an auction in coffeeville Ks. Machine is an 1999 year I believe has 3500 engine hrs and 2700 separator hrs. Paint is faded but for the most part is all there. Needs rotor bars and unload augers and clean grain auger and some other odds and ends. But for the most part looks like a good machine. IT has an aftermarket 4WD kit on it and HID lights up front. He said he paid $1600 for the lights from Case. Never bought a combine with that many hrs before but it seemed too cheap. And the guy said he had just sent it to the dealer and had $20,000.00 worth of work done to it. I bought the machine for $48,000.00 Not too bad I thought.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Just about to type the same thing. Tin work must be fairly thin all over it. It probably will be a good machine. Those things just keep going and going if you put the money into them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My thinking is that we fix it up, put a couple coats of wax on her run it for a couple of seasons and sell it and buy a lower houred machine. I like to buy them with no more than 1200 hrs on them. Plus I really enjoy working on combines,(at least red ones) I think it is half the fun of owening the machine. I have a insulated barn and shop heater so I have a nice place to work when the weather is bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts