The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a conversation with my New Holland dealer recently? I asked him this question. His reply was to look at it two ways one is cost per acre, and the second Cost per seperator hour. He felt that if you are running either a class 8 combine or two older combines like I do the cost should be relatively the same, and in that 13 - 15 dollar an acre amount. This includes interest, depreciation, and R&M.
He then said that when they look at taking a combine in on trade they discount it approx $150/sep hour for a class 8 (CR970). This got me thinking if I buy a 2005 CR970 (500hrs) for 200K cash next summer (2009) and put on 400 hours over the course of the next two years, decide to trade in the summer of 2011 on a 2007 cr9070(500hrs), should my difference only be approx $60,000, or is he going to tack on extra money for moving up two model years.

I would like to here from other producers who are doing this similar thing to find out how they approach this.

Thanks Woody

·
Registered
619 Posts
Re: What does it cost to run your combine? or more

my dealer told me $60 per hour, but they also took price increases so it doesn't actually work out to that...I guess if I bought a machine, ran it 3 months and traded it would maybe work out. here's one thing I struggle with. So the new machines go up in price...and they are also hard to get...does that not increase the resale of my low hour machine of equal size? Its a hard one to figure out....if it seems like a good deal we take it, and if it seems too steep in price we wait for a better deal at a better time Our sprayer dealer actually wanted 150 dollars per hour to trade for like sprayers....rediculous. My last combine quote came out to about 100 dollars per hour

·
Registered
279 Posts

I was told mine would be $120/hr. to roll machines every year (9040). we're in the process of looking to trade our '08 Case 2588 in on a '09 9040. We roll every year and that was his best guess on trade prices year-in and year-out.

Lexion said they'd do it for $10-$12/ac. or $85-$100/hr. So, saying that, once you get over the initial price jump, they're probably the best yearly. (Deere and Case were both in the $110-$120/hr. range)

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I am talking Sep. Hours

·
Registered
193 Posts

We trade our gleaner every two years on a new one. It is approx. about 9.80 or so to trade this time. Just ordered ours last week. And that is based off of Sep. hours and the to boot price.

·
Registered
279 Posts

Seems right. Like I said, New Holland quoted us in the $120/hr. range rolling every year. That would be for just the box, heads would be roughly $5,000/each.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts