The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older 1020 20' platform with the open wobble box drive. I have a 1998 2366 with the Field Tracker system on it.

What would it take to add the Field Tracker option to the platform?

Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
with a head that old you will have to do some changing. There are 2 kits described in the kit directions but only 1 available. The right side potentiometer linkage will be the same as directions the left side however will have to be moved rearward to miss the belt spring tightener. So therefore a little bit of a challenge but can be done a lot of drilling and some welding about a 2-3hr job

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"Why fieldtracker on this small of header? I would go to bigger header if using fieldtracker."

I would like to. Went to an auction on Saturday to buy a 25' with field Tracker already on it. I didn't get it-went for $11,250 and no head cart. Was in good to excellant shape. My neighbor purchased a John Deere 25' in same condition a month ago at auction with a head cart for $7,500.

I must have been in CaseIH country on Saturday.

So I guess I'll stick with my platform and see if I can put a field tracker on it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
IMO our 30' with tracker option always did a better job of cutting than our17.5' without tracker.
I would get the tracker put on that 20' head as fast as I could!! If it is under $1000.00 it would pay in 50 acres on "our ground"

·
Registered
285 Posts
Did anyone find any part numbers for this kit? Have search everywhere and cannot find anything except individual part which is 3 times the money

1 - 10 of 10 Posts