The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
I'd base what I would get off of how many acres I have an the way the weather has been that last couple years i'd go with at least a 35 foot.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
if you cut a lot of 25-35 bushel wheat (or less) and some higher yielding then put a 40 on it. If you cut mostly higher yielding wheat then stick with a 35.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ran 5 635D last year I will never put myself through that again someone else can do the RandD for Deere I cant afford it. I ran 635 F in beans, the cost of the FD70 is a lot less than the two Deere headers. I put 400 to 500 hrs on in wheat and 100 hrs in beans, so a draper is a must. I just needed to know if a 9770 will handle the 40, hdr, weight, capacity, stability, residue, flexing action in beans. the beans I do are resonably flat but a lot of times muddy, wheat varies from 30bu to 60bu. Just looking for opinions of people that ran 40's on there deeres

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I run a 40 on a 9660 but its not a Macdon. The combine is chipped and have cut 110 bushel wheat with it. Normally though, the wheat I cut is around 25-45 bushels. As far as stability, you will be fine. Capacity, from you have written I think you will also be fine. Weight, mine lifts it no problems and the draper I have is the heaviest on the market. As for flex and other queries on the FD70, I can't help....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Bundybear you hit the nail right on the head, all the pips for the 635's aren't available yet I have five of them to get done, and get rid of before harvest, if anybody needs spare parts for these I have a lot of them to git rid of to. the biggest reason Im not running them is the JD reps. a RandD dont have the answers and the things there trying wont work in my opinion, for sure not to the level I would expect for the price.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
You won't have any trouble with a FD70 on a 9770. The combine will handle it capacity wise as well. I mean Deere released a 640D so 40 foot headers aren't going to pose a problem I wouldn't think.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I would say the 40 by all means we got a 30 on our 9670 and it needs a 35 for sure. I would like to try the 40 just to see how it will do. heck bring me a 45 I ain't scurd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts