The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've got a 40 foot Dynaflex ordered. Wondering what header trailer we should be looking at buying. I like the narrow front tires like on a Goldenbell or Maurer but I'm just not too sure what head wagon will work with this head.

Any ideas???

·
Registered
401 Posts
BBK trailers out of Beattie Kansas. Very sturdy well built trailers. Will build to your liking. We have 2 28.5 footers and haul 36 foot drapers, corn heads and flex heads on the same trailer without changing anything other than the stop block

·
Registered
193 Posts
We bought a unverferth roadrunner for our 30' dynaflex. Its fits on it nice, the double wheels in the front make it seem as it won't be real sturdy, but really helps on turning and just backing it around the yard.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Stonypharmer, What would be your opinion of the 40' Dynaflex fitting on the 36' roadrunner? The 36' roadrunner works great with the 35' 8200 flex. Thanks

·
Registered
581 Posts
We bought a trailer from Goose Creek Enterprises just south of Paducah KY. Search for Goose Creek in Tractorhouse for pics. Two axles in back, dolly wheels in front, more clearance and strobe lights than any trailer I have seen on the market and about $3K cheaper than the top of the line J&M or Unverferth models. Comes standard in 40' length and draper brackets and tie down straps are included. Amish built.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Local CNH dealer has a Horsh trailer that is your typical wagon trailer, but built heavier with bigger tires and draper mounts. The big thing with this trailer is the rear tires steer with the fronts so the rear tracks in the same path as the front tires which is real nice if you tow the head behind the machine. Of course this is another 10K hauler like the Mauer, Unverferts, JM, etc. Plus I suspect this trailer could be a doosy to back up.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Stonypharmer, Did you have your roadrunner to haul auger heads and or did you need to add any draper brackets or mounts like lookingglass says so other brands have? Thanks again

·
Registered
723 Posts
I'd look at a StudKing 42 foot model... front suspension, rear suspension, LED lights, brakes, front fender.... Great trailers and pull very well too.

·
Registered
242 Posts
just about any will work--you dont need anything special 4 brackets because of the way the framework is on the back of the head--i never could see why you would want a 10K head hauler for around the farm use--drag it all around the country -customcutter or whatever- thats a different story!

·
Registered
193 Posts
NDDAN....We bought the head trailer new with the head. We had a 25 ft 8200 and a head cart and just traded them both in. On a 36 to 40 foot might work. I wonder if you would be able to just buy the top supporting beam (that is located up by the cutterbar) and put that on and be able to run with it that way. Our roadrunner came with Draper brackets...but ended up taking one of the side pieces off of it. The bracket itself is far wider than what we had for on our auger head cart (which was a Frontier) The roadrunner has the auger head bracket to, but its just narrower than the draper heads.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Stonyfarmer have you used the dynaflex in beans? Our dealer said he has a 35ft coming in. We are cosidering buying it but never saw one run.

·
Registered
193 Posts
No we haven't run it in beans. Have run about 200 acres of wheat through it so far. If it works as well in beans as it does in wheat I will be all smiles. So far I really am liking it. But note this is my first draper head of any kind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts