The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I will be happy if we get a half a crop this year. Earlier seeded crops look ok but later ones not so good, but better than they were a month ago. Stats Can and USDA reports are talking about great crops but I really doubt that. Other than a few isolated areas with big crops, most people I have talked to or read on here are saying their crops suck!! My area is about 3-4 weeks away from swathing and my guess is if we get a normal frost this year, I would guess at least a third of the acres in our area will be froze, including mine. Just trying to get a handle of what is out there, I never believe what Stats Can says.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I think I will be happy if we get a half a crop this year. Earlier seeded crops look ok but later ones not so good, but better than they were a month ago. Stats Can and USDA reports are talking about great crops but I really doubt that. Other than a few isolated areas with big crops, most people I have talked to or read on here are saying their crops suck!! My area is about 3-4 weeks away from swathing and my guess is if we get a normal frost this year, I would guess at least a third of the acres in our area will be froze, including mine. Just trying to get a handle of what is out there, I never believe what Stats Can says.
With all the government cheese North American taxpayers give away, governments have a vested interest in keeping food cheap. It keeps them in power, the useless ones bellies too full to riot, and farmers at home working for peanuts.

I have no faith in the USDA numbers and even less in
Stats Can's, I assume no one makes stuff up so they will quit calling 7 times a day. ;)

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Corn looks awesome. Haven't done yield counts yet, but they are going to be high.

Soybeans here are made or broke in August. Ample moisture the last couple days should really pod them out.

Alfalfa hay is growing great, hoping to get the third cut done early next week, weather permitting. That should give enough time to get a forth cutting done.

·
Registered
868 Posts
The ne sk is a mixed bag lots of canola still flowering ,crop improved alot from a month ago but I would think canola is below the five year average if no frost show up.
Peas look poor exept few areas
Cereal looking good.
Some fababeans 5ft tall if frost does not kill that crop I don 't know what will.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I don't think the stats can report will be far off. Lot of nice crops in western canada. Yes alot flooded in Manitoba and eastern sask but the huge crops out here will make up for it. I should also say crops are long way from the bin and alot can still happen.

·
Registered
117 Posts
long ways from the bin yet, some massive hail storms through central AB last night. we lost another 1/4 last night:mad: stats can and the USDA keep food cheap. if you want markets to go up reporting your good crops on here don't help.

·
Registered
382 Posts
long ways from the bin yet, some massive hail storms through central AB last night. we lost another 1/4 last night:mad: stats can and the USDA keep food cheap. if you want markets to go up reporting your good crops on here don't help.
If you want markets to go up reporting poor crops on here won't help either.. It's nice to know reality because it helps me make marketing decisions. People aren't stupid all you have to do is drive around to see what the crops are like.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.