The Combine Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a 7088 and have a lot of rotor loss. Was after info on the best concave that people use in rice. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
4,681 Posts
I gather rice residue tends to be ropey and tough, very hard to tear apart?
About as opposite of pea residue as you can get.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I gather rice residue tends to be ropey and tough, very hard to tear apart?
About as opposite of pea residue as you can get.
Harvest up to 22% moisture and the stalks are still green so it can be. I found it was threshing off the heads but a lot of grain spat out.

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Bakedpike make sure your rear end is in the raised position. I know on our 2388 we used to have there are several bolt holes in the cast iron king pin where the rear end pivots. I raised the back end up with that one year and made a significant difference in rotor loss in rice. Here's the piece I'm talking about for the 2388 which should be similar to the 7088.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I saw an earlier post of yours where you tried Sunnybrook. I was looking at estes or kondex. You recon case are the best?
SunnyBrook “round“ & “max round” are bloody sensational in rice. Had a set in my NH TP CR8090 ….. went like a rocket .
In my 8250 I run OEM round bars in #1 & #2 …. then spiral modules in #3 & & #4. It goes …..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bakedpike make sure your rear end is in the raised position. I know on our 2388 we used to have there are several bolt holes in the cast iron king pin where the rear end pivots. I raised the back end up with that one year and made a significant difference in rotor loss in rice. Here's the piece I'm talking about for the 2388 which should be similar to the 7088.
Sorry for the late reply mate, looks a bit different is yours 4WD aswell? There is adjustment where the axles slide up their housing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SunnyBrook “round“ & “max round” are bloody sensational in rice. Had a set in my NH TP CR8090 ….. went like a rocket .
In my 8250 I run OEM round bars in #1 & #2 …. then spiral modules in #3 & & #4. It goes …..
Sorry im a bit slack on replying. Thanks Rod, so your preference is for the 8250 setup?

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Yes ours was 4WD but they may have changed things up a bit from the 2388 to the 7088. On all our Deere combines they come with the sliding tube axle in the upper bolt holes and we move them to the lower bolt holes to raise the back end up on the machine. Helps with rotor loss. 2388 is the last Case machine I dealt with but there is usually a way to raise that back end up no matter what color. I haven't seen that little tid bit in any OPS manuals on any machine. My grandfather taught that to me on JD 105R combines. Works though is all I can say. Has always seemed to me that rice farmers have to write our own book on how to do things.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes ours was 4WD but they may have changed things up a bit from the 2388 to the 7088. On all our Deere combines they come with the sliding tube axle in the upper bolt holes and we move them to the lower bolt holes to raise the back end up on the machine. Helps with rotor loss. 2388 is the last Case machine I dealt with but there is usually a way to raise that back end up no matter what color. I haven't seen that little tid bit in any OPS manuals on any machine. My grandfather taught that to me on JD 105R combines. Works though is all I can say. Has always seemed to me that rice farmers have to write our own book on how to do things.
No bit differnet, but can raise the sliding tube axle might give that a go cheers.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have got a 7088 and have a lot of rotor loss. Was after info on the best concave that people use in rice. Thanks.
If you harvested just Rice & Soybeans it’d be easy large tube rotor and concave 1&2 large wire 3&4 large wire pull every other wire out, all spikes on rotor couple kickers on rear, grates key stock, rotor 710 + - fan 890rpm, top sieve 15 - 18, bottom WAO! this is how I set my 8230.
If you do Corn, it’s a little more complicate, you’ll have to decide which one you want to do a better job in, a lot more configuration everybody in different areas have their own preferences

1 - 18 of 18 Posts