The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going through our two old combines in anticipation of rice harvest. Pulled rotor on 1680 and it is 26.5" diameter. What kind of rotor do I have?

Hopefully some of the rice guys can give information on what set up of thresher bars and concaves would give best performance in rice. We're running 1010 rigids in 150 bushel rice, very green conditions.

Trying to buy a Shelbourn stripper from neighbor, if I use stripper on 1688 apprently need to cover first 3 or 4 wires at front of concave???

I need another machine and money is tight. I can afford a decent 2188, 2388 will stretch budget. How much would I gain w/ 2388 vs 2188?
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
What is the bar configuration, and is that the diameter to the outside of the drum part of the rotor or the outside of the rasp bars. I don't think you will see a huge increase from 21 to 23 as the only performance differance is 20hp. I think that investing in a nice 2188, then adding extrude honed injectors for $300 (i have personal experince with dynomite diesel in my 2188 and highly recomend them) and a Kile Rotor flight kit for $1000, would give you some great harvest performance. when you increase the HP you should also change the rotor variable speed spring to the high tension unit and that costs around $43 dollars from a CIH dealer. Actually these same mods to your 1688 should give similar performance. Good luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
26.5" is the outside diameter of the rotor, does not include rasp bars, of which most are spike. We're replacing elephant ears with Kile kit.

Want to know if this is Small Tube/AFX/Specialty rotor...

Also would be very interested in how the rice guys configure rasp/spike and concaves.

Thanks for the reply farminflyboy.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If it has elephant ears it's no an AFX rotor for sure. If it's a specialty it should measure 30". Didn't case ih offer another rotor that wasn't very popular years ago? Can't remember the name. And I think the small tube rotor was offered starting with the new series combines. And it wouldn't have elephant ears anyways. I may be completely wrong though

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
robmgrig Isn't the 30" to the outside of the rasp bars? I think the rotor you are referring to is the "rochelle" rotor, you hardly see those though.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I've never measured one so I wouldn't know. I know the 80 series have a 30" rotor and the 60 series have a 24" rotor but I always assumed that didn't include the height of the rasp bars

1 - 6 of 6 Posts