The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m currently running a 03 5710 with 5350 tank I’m just under 60000 acres on this unit. just wondering if the 3320 with be as cheap to maintain as my unit currently unit has been thinking of a 60 ft 3320 or 5810 with 7550 tank

·
Registered
130 Posts
Looking at all the independent drills of any kind I can’t help but think that ‘If it moves it wears’ Add up the moving pieces on a 3320 vs 5810, they may last as long but it’s hard to imagine so, and it just can’t be as cheap to maintain ( there’s 5 or 6 times as much stuff). They sure do an excellent job though.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Won’t be as cheap to maintain. No reason they won’t last. We have a couple 3320 76’. When comparing acres on a drill you better talk how many acres per foot it has done, cause that changes things a lot. We are about 460ac/for so far, 35,000ac on 76ft. No major repairs of any sort, few hyd hoses, and just normal wear parts, openers, mrb etc.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The issue with the independent opener drills is that most of them lift the shanks up and down and the hoses crack and fail. Hoses hardly move on a 5710 so last forever. Deere 1870 in 56' and 40' lifts the frame up so hoses should last on it.

I put 1000 acres per foot on a bourgault 3310 and have replaced about 10 hydraulic Rams for MRB/seed shanks and about 4 hydraulic hoses and WAY, WAY too many hoses that drop down to the MRB and seed shanks. So overall the maintenance has been much lower than I ever dreamed it would be. I would buy another.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Can’t say hoses lasted any longer on our 5710 compared to our PHD.
Hydraulic hoses on the other hand..... but we replaced a lot on our 5710 after 10-12 years of owning it.

Maintenance might be higher on a PHD but we burn less fuel pulling it and had better crops in the wet years.

·
Registered
717 Posts
We have around 60000 acres on our 76ft 3320. We have replaced I think maybe 3 MRB bearing sets and I think 2 packer wheel bearings.
The disk on the MRBs are probably half wore off and the openers are definitely showing a lot of wear now. Might have to be replaced for next season. Other then that it’s still in perfect condition. The front transport tires were replaced last season.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts