The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what model these combines are..

Thanks

·
Registered
127 Posts
I agree, I would think 1680's with either no tank extentions or the tank lids closed! The front corners of the tank look odd as though they are rounded off for some reason!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Quote:I agree, I would think 1680's with either no tank extentions or the tank lids closed! The front corners of the tank look odd as though they are rounded off for some reason!

They are not rounded off, there is no extension in that corner from the factory. They just have not had the extended hoppers on these combines. If you have ever run one without extensions, this is where the wheat runs over first when the tank is too full. Here is a picture of them on a 2388 closer up.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I see Rother, we don't have extentions in England, we need lids because of rain showers. Good idea though, better than it running down the back of the cab!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah, I guess that's true. But the tank would hold a little more wheat if they would just extend the extensions to fill the corner. But I guess we don't have to worry about that now with the factory installed big-tops!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Quote:Yeah, I guess that's true. But the tank would hold a little more wheat if they would just extend the extensions to fill the corner. But I guess we don't have to worry about that now with the factory installed big-tops!

Only if you turn real fast while full. Even dry wheat isn't "fluid" enough to spill out the corners before it runs over the middle of those short extensions.

This obviously changes when you from flat land to the side of a hill. However, if you're cutting on that steep of a hill, you probably don't want to be doing it with a full hopper anyway.

-Lance

·
Registered
246 Posts
Well, we farm a bunch of terraced fields. Up and over the terraces will dump the wheat out of the corner. Yet, its not bad running a full bin on them, I don't think you have to worry about rolling down one!!!
Merry Christmas everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts