The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have any advise on this?
The calibration default code is 2123 I believe.
It uses a varying pump speed for control.
When doing the outside rounds with tight corners and PinPoint it gets a bit lost.
The complete shutdown of the inner boom causes erratic control.
I'm going to try just clicking manual control which will lock it at a stable speed and try some tight corners that way.
I don't think a rate controller can ever handle such wild fluctuations in flow.:(

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm just gonna take a wild guess (my equipment is a bit old to speak about all the fancy stuff:eek:), But switch of the section control when you are doing sharp corners, the gps thinks the boom is going backwards over a swath that is already sprayed, switching on and of all the time and get lost...
What I would have tried...

·
Registered
69 Posts
The second digit is for the Valve Speed and controls the response time for the control valve motor. On my old 218 I had it set at 6 (sometimes 5) and I think that is what I am using on the 7650 also.

If you have too high of a number it will cause it to oscillate as it will probably be overrunning the parameters at both ends of the scale as it adjusts too quickly.

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Try valve cal 1 at 63. Valve cal 2 at 1976. All of my pinpoint units use these cal numbers. However, these are all red units, not blue ones. Worth a shot anyways.
I don't understand why two Cal #'s nor why your Cal 1 is only two digits but I'll try them anyway.:)
Thanks Mike.
Hope these #'s aren't allergic to Blue paint.;)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Did you get a chance to try those cal #'s Don and did they help? I"m not always happy with my Raven either but I can't remember what number I have in it. I just demoed a New Holland and it seemed to be a little lazy at keeping up to speed changes also. Seemed a little slow shutting off on turns too.

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you get a chance to try those cal #'s Don and did they help? I"m not always happy with my Raven either but I can't remember what number I have in it. I just demoed a New Holland and it seemed to be a little lazy at keeping up to speed changes also. Seemed a little slow shutting off on turns too.
Yes I did, it is very responsive, still struggles a bit when just a few nozzles are running, but an improvement.
I was only running '02 nozzles so flow is very low when you just have a few running.

I'm not sure this is connected but the flow meter seemed to be reading slower than actual flow but it was the first and only tank I'd had that particular cocktail blended.:confused:

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When is the last time you checked and cleaned the strainers. Glad the cal numbers helped.
Thank you Mike!:)
Why two cals and why just two digits in the first one?

Yesterday.
Pristinely clean, looked new.

How common is 80 mesh main and 100 booms?
Seems to violate several labels of chemicals I sprayed without issue.:)
And I would never do anything off label!;)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Does your sprayer have what looks like a ball valve in the main line running between the pump and the booms? The red ones do... it looks like a regular banjo ball valve, but it actually has a hole through it. For 5 gal spraying you run it what looks like closed or almost closed, and then partly open for 10gal, and further for 15 etc etc. Takes a little bit of playing depending on speed and gpa, but it makes a big difference once it is in the right spot. In the wrong spot the rate will wander especially after corners.

·
Super Moderator
5,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:cool:
Does your sprayer have what looks like a ball valve in the main line running between the pump and the booms? The red ones do... it looks like a regular banjo ball valve, but it actually has a hole through it. For 5 gal spraying you run it what looks like closed or almost closed, and then partly open for 10gal, and further for 15 etc etc. Takes a little bit of playing depending on speed and gpa, but it makes a big difference once it is in the right spot. In the wrong spot the rate will wander especially after corners.
I think it does have that valve, I was studying the plumbing the other day and was stumped as to what that valve did.:confused:
It does wander on corners and I think PinPoint really drives a rate controller nuts under those circumstances.
I tend to believe I'm better off with low flow plus I don't drive all fast spraying so your lead may be a great hint. Thanks BDF!:)

What's a gpa?;)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Gpa=gallons per acre, or converted, lph=litres per hectare ;)

The valve is what I think they call a "throttling valve" which is designed to reduce the sheer volume of pump output to help keep your rate stabilized in low volume applications. Hard to wrap your head around how it would help, but it does. My deere has one, and I only close it when I venture below 5 gallons per acre or 45 litres per hectare.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.