The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i need new engine for a sakuniak auger 7 45 only use it at seeding and odd time in winter
went to start the 20 hp honda been ok spent a grand last year on tha dam thing now no spark n dont wanna fire sick og going to it and it not starting

so what should i put on it would 13 hp work ? i do put urea up it now n again i guess

·
Registered
445 Posts
We bought the biggest Chinese princess auto sells for our auger about 15 I think tons of power starts good and was like 250 bucks. For a auger that you don't use much they work great, but they are throw away if they crap out.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Electric , I was kinda Leary of these cheap Chinese motors, but that motor and a water pump I have start better that my four grand kohlers

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah we have a 3 inch water pump with there motor on starts awesome had it 3 years never missed a beat

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
X2 to Princess auto ones. I went there one day and a 2" water pump with 7 hp engine on it for $120? or something, bought as backup in case I needed it. As it turns out I did and it's better than my Honda so I have kept using it all spraying season.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We bought the biggest Chinese princess auto sells for our auger about 15 I think tons of power starts good and was like 250 bucks. For a auger that you don't use much they work great, but they are throw away if they crap out.
what size auger auger you running it on ?

·
Premium Member
5,250 Posts
I bought one of those from Coop for $250. I would have to say those 15 ponies in those Chinese Honda knockoffs are a bit smaller than the ones Kohler puts in theirs:D Used it to replace a wore out 12 HP 301 Kohler which earned its keep over the years on my 7X45 Farm King, the new one its a 15 HP, but only has same power as the old one, thus why I say what I do about HP.

Very quiet and starts good as cold as -30C so far. Mine is just recoil. For $250 bucks as I see it, if I get a few years out of it, it was more than worth it;)

Mine is the same make as all of engines on CaseIH stuff like generator, pressure washers, ect. Even though I bought it last spring, tag on it says it was built in 2010.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts