The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Our R62 has some new metrics the previous owner put on the front drive tires. They have big cleats and are a very square tire looking at their profile from the front. They are still radials. I'll get the numbers off of them.

The Problem:
With these big tires on the front I lose the tail in in the mud before the drivers spin down. So when I back out, I back through ruts the back tires have been leaving. You know how that goes....

The Question:
The rear tires are showing LOTS of wear. What can I go back with that is a little wider (even if we have to change rims) without causing steering issues (interference with stops, etc.)? I believe the tires now are 16.9 x 24, mounted on a 15 x 24 Rim.

OKFarmer

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am running 18.4 26's on my 72 and a neighbot of mine runs 23.1 26's. With the right rims I think you could but some pretty big tires back there. Both our axles are pushed all the way out and we both have the same size rims, not sure but I think they are 16" wide rims. The neighbor with the 23.1's could widen his rims out a little so the tire would squat down a little and not be so tall but they have worked well for him as is.

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
I am running 18.4 26's on my 72 and a neighbot of mine runs 23.1 26's. With the right rims I think you could but some pretty big tires back there. Both our axles are pushed all the way out and we both have the same size rims, not sure but I think they are 16" wide rims. The neighbor with the 23.1's could widen his rims out a little so the tire would squat down a little and not be so tall but they have worked well for him as is.
what tires are you running up front? did you install the 4" blocks so back of combine is not to high with these taller rear tires?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts