The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite a few of these bags around from fertilizer/inoculant/seed and they seem to be getting in the way now. Is it time to just burn them or is there some use for these things I haven't thought of?

I would hate to toss something only to find myself needing it a year down the road but they are a pain because unless they are kept off the ground mice will chew them and then they are garbage.

I suppose pallets fall into this same category too.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The smaller ones make good auger engine covers. The others I made aStand for them. And put it by my garbage barrels. (Yeah I still burn). And throw all the stuff that doesn't burn in them. When full. I take the tractor pick the bag up with forks and straight to pit

·
Registered
35 Posts
Was wondering the same . Too good to destroy, but what to do with them. Small engine cover sounds a good one. I could see a few of them melted to hot mufflers around here. Let the idea's roll.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I don't trust a bulkabag over two years old to hold anything. Just had to cut one open today and bucket it out so I could recover the seed because the straps broke. Always good to have some on hand though to empty the air seeder or hold some canola seed at harvest.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Bags last forever if you keep em out of the sun, I made stands for mine for recyclables, cans, milk jugs, oil jugs, bottles etc. Got about a thousand bucks worth of cans and bottles in em right now. I get mineral in mine and get about 6 a year, I don't use em all, but those are some of the things I use em for. I also use em for small bunches of leftover seed, but you have to keep them out of the sun. never had a strap break unless I cut it first with my bucket, or lifted the bag by 3 straps. I order my mineral in 1.25 tonne batches. Also any extra bags, I tie to a rope and hoist to the rafters in my Quonset to keep mice out of em and keep em out of the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts