The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on what flax prices are gonna do. Currently the bids are around $10.80. I have a hard time selling for much less than $12 but I could sure use the money right now. I wonder how long until it gets at least over $11.50. Anyone have a crystal ball they can look in and tell me what prices will do? Lol

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Well, a month ago I would have said it's not looking good, it dropped a buck and a half here not long ago, I thought I was on top of it and contracted nearly all I had left, now it's 75 cents above what I contracted so watch closely it may be hitting the top end soon, acres were definitely up this past year so I expected the market to be showing signs of being saturated but maybe not....

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
CHINA. They have lots and aren't buying. So unless they do price isn't going anywhere. However it always goes up once the St Lawerance freezes. Why didn't you lock it in when it was $13.50??

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
CHINA. They have lots and aren't buying. So unless they do price isn't going anywhere. However it always goes up once the St Lawerance freezes. Why didn't you lock it in when it was $13.50??
I contracted for over 10 bucks on our dollar last year but it was my first year messing with flax, shot myself really low on yield but I guess it means I has a way better crop then I thought was possible

It's at 8.80 here today but was down to 7.35 just a couple weeks ago

Something must be going on?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like there are some bid's in the $11-11.50 range out there. I think I will sit on it for a while yet though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts