The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got to thinking about Dwight from Oregon, anyone here know him?

Always loved how he signed every post:
Dwight E. Lambert, Albany, Oregon (wet as all get out here on the bad end of starvation flats (Dwight would adjust for current conditions of course!)

The ??? is for if anyone else who wants to put a name out wondering about anyone who used to be here.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
I usually forget about people until they come back on after awhile away and think, oh ya, I forgot about you! How's Christian doing?

Think Mayo exploded after Trump got elected! Notice most the guys that got so fired up over people with a different view than their own are the ones no longer here, massive heart attacks from their self induced stress??

What about that girl that was on a few times a month or two ago that didn't farm but was interested in farming and starting a hobby farm?

See Olivia is back!!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
I usually forget about people until they come back on after awhile away and think, oh ya, I forgot about you! How's Christian doing?

Think Mayo exploded after Trump got elected! Notice most the guys that got so fired up over people with a different view than their own are the ones no longer here, massive heart attacks from their self induced stress??

What about that girl that was on a few times a month or two ago that didn't farm but was interested in farming and starting a hobby farm?

See Olivia is back!!!
Mayo didn't explode, he just stopped wasting time trying to push sand uphill with a toothpick :sFun_whistle:

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Ive talked to a few on twitter - the password thing did there head in - people aint got time to pi** around with that sort of incompetence. Alot of nails went into the coffin.

I much prefer the forum format, the TFF UK forum is thriving...and the platform it is on is way better.

Ant...

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Ive talked to a few on twitter - the password thing did there head in - people aint got time to pi** around with that sort of incompetence. Alot of nails went into the coffin.

I much prefer the forum format, the TFF UK forum is thriving...and the platform it is on is way better.

Ant...
Yep the password thing did me for a long time , and now can only use my home computer and not my phone because I can’t remember the stupid long password I need every time I go from one too the other and don’t know how to copy and paste on phone with big fingers that always hit what you don’t want

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If you search for something on here from a couple years back there is a lot of names that aren't on here anymore...
Couldn't help but think of the one guy that was from somewhere in Missouri (Southern part I think...) as I was working on my planter the past couple days, it came from the northern part of that state and still had a bunch of the dirt lodged between the seed tubes and front part of the opener shank, looks a lot different than our dirt! (More like tan/brown colored sandy clay vs. our black clay loam.)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
It's hard to know if some quit the forum or died.

I know a few of us guys who farm close to one another would fill in the blanks if something were to happen.

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Ever run into someone in public and they ask if that's you on the combine forum?
Seems to happen to me a handful of times each year but I don't know a hardly a one of their names on here either or if they ever post. Know a few lost the password long before the stupid change and just never took the time to get a new one when they got a new device or computer.
Heck, I was at a friend's wake in February, his wife and a friend of his talked about how much he used the combine forum, don't even know if he ever posted.
Lot of guys reading stuff on here for sure, just not contributing.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Yep the password thing did me for a long time , and now can only use my home computer and not my phone because I can’t remember the stupid long password I need every time I go from one too the other and don’t know how to copy and paste on phone with big fingers that always hit what you don’t want
Just hit the stay always logged in check box...i use the ph all the time but never have to type password, permanently logged in.

If the NSA CIA ASIO FBI MI6 get in and hack my account because the gateway is left open, i will take that as an honour someone would waste there time!!

Heads up if i call you all a bunch of pricks one day / or that everyone should have voted hillary...it will be the NSA not me!!!!

Ant....

·
Registered
462 Posts
uthinkyourwet? used to be a very regular poster and a quick forum search shows his last post around the time of the password fiasco.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hope and don’t think/know of any that died. Certainly possible of course.
Members often just sign up to study a very specific thing and leave.
It kinda like a fraternal group, most posts are done by a very few and when compared to total membership here a very small fraction of 1%.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts