61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
For some reason i still find all of this hard to believe

They can't even get a cell phone to work right

I think we are a ways off

We are way behind most country's like australia and korea where they have great cell phone coverage everywhere and they can watch perfect tv on the cell phone everywhere and some other cool deals

But hey..it all sounds good

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Quote:Hi

Here is another thought, picture this in say 2015.... One or two operators are controling an entire fleet of combines, let's say 3 combines per operator. This is also being tested out. I think the day where one or 2 operators control a fleet of combines makes more sence, although it will be more stressful on the operators since you will be responcible for 3 combines instead of one. Plus I can also see a few operators controling a fleet of trucks as well. In a sence, I see benifit's of A.I Technology,(ie: Driverless tractors, cars etc) although there are some parts of A.I technology that I wish we would stay clear of such as Robots that look like Humans,Cyborgs etc. Take Care Jason B

Jason, my thoughts, exactly, except for the part about the robots or cyborgs. A cyborg is simply someone equipped with bionic prostheses. A full-fledged android-type robot would still be the ultimate crash dummy or exp test pilot.

Yes, there are some very practical applications for completely driverless [robotic] combines, although, for the most part, people will still be required to stay onboard as a backup or at least a monitor. As said, many mega-scale farmers in the west just can't find adequate help at the right time. I can see myself running any combine for at least a 12-14 hour day, but after that, I'm really not up to it much longer, or at least am not as alert as I should be after such a long day. This is where the ability to rest, relax and just take a break from it could come in most handy and leave the driving to "someone else" for a shift.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts