The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As harvest approaches I've been thinking lately what direction is Gleaner going now with the tragic loss of Kevin. We were so used to seeing gleaner roadshow videos news releases but this year its been very quiet. Is there are guy to step into Kevins spot to steer the ship so to speak? Is it a team effort? For so long he was the face of gleaner, the guy who gave out his personal phone number to help customers and I know he was one in a million but what is the plan. There are some gleaner company guys that monitor this forum can you shed some light on this situation? Happy Harvest.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I can assure you that Gleaner will be in good hands. Kevin was planning on retirement in a couple of years. I ask him what was going to happen when he retired and he told me he had a couple of guys in "training". I know them and am confident that things will continue on. I will miss Kevin but I also know he would be proud of how this is going to be handled.

·
Super Moderator
2,507 Posts
I can assure you that Gleaner will be in good hands. Kevin was planning on retirement in a couple of years. I ask him what was going to happen when he retired and he told me he had a couple of guys in "training". I know them and am confident that things will continue on. I will miss Kevin but I also know he would be proud of how this is going to be handled.
I admire your optimism but Kevin had a character trait that simply CAN NOT be taught nor trained.

Kevin must have virtually dedicated his life to Gleaner, these stories of giving out his phone number, not just to a select few but anyone who asked combined with his willingness to take and follow up on every call, that's special character coming out.

I wish Gleaner owners the best but part of the best is gone.

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
I admire your optimism but Kevin had a character trait that simply CAN NOT be taught nor trained.

Kevin must have virtually dedicated his life to Gleaner, these stories of giving out his phone number, not just to a select few but anyone who asked combined with his willingness to take and follow up on every call, that's special character coming out.

I wish Gleaner owners the best but part of the best is gone.
I never met Kevin before but I met a couple others on the team including Agco Bob and I have to say the Gleaner section has a group of top notch people on thier side.

I have met guys on the Case IH side with the heritage and the flagships and these guys were nothing for Case IH to brag home about, thier machines were already perfect, I'm sure you understand that attitude

Now I have never seen any R&D here from any other color, not even Deere.

I should have taken a pic the other day, custom cutters have begun rolling into town and so far they were all Gleaners, Tom Schnell rolled into town with his Deere's and messed the scenery all up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts