The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 25ft honey bee triple delivery front with quite a bit of age and has done a lot of work. I've done a bit of work to it, new parts on the reel, couple new motors and valves still needs a few things done to it. Just seems to be a very high maintenance front to use always something going wrong from crop getting under the belt then rapping around rollers, material getting in between where the decks move on and causing the decks not to move or even come out of the glide and fall out!! Belts ripping and grapping underneath also not running straight. Trouble feeding crop in of the knife onto the belt also the front sags a lot. Each end is lower then the middle by 2/3 inches!! So any ideas to help with this front and if I ever upgrade to a new one whats the best to go macdon or honey bee??

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
To be honest Brad I've serviced both honey bee and Macdon older fronts and boy was I glad to see the JD draper...probably the Macdon was the better off the two....

What are you using it on?

Ant...

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I like swathing with our 640d it seems to do a good job.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Everything you describe are characteristics I have found of honey bee heads, the new ones are slightly improved but still have their quirks. The new Macdon heads are great, if your looking for an older one the 972 were very reliable for us in the past.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts