The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the price discount between #1 canola and #2. I have some STANDING canola, and the green seed count is high. I will try to wait but some pods are dropping, in the wind the last few days.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Remember not all is lost. You are allowed .5% more conspicuous admix in a #2 and 7% more total damage. So some of your bonus maybe recaptured and will be in the hand sieves they should use.

Holiday for wife maybe just a little closer to home this year.

·
Registered
456 Posts
canola discts

If you deal with JRI in sk #2 discount is $25/mt - $.57/bus! Not/never a CWB/CGC fan, but in deregulated world there is a lot more tariff/grade/freight adjustment/etc differentials between companies and/or locations.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
If you deal with JRI in sk #2 discount is $25/mt - $.57/bus! Not/never a CWB/CGC fan, but in deregulated world there is a lot more tariff/grade/freight adjustment/etc differentials between companies and/or locations.
. . . . . . . .just remember in world markets, there is no #2 Canola traded. It all gets blended and mixed to become a #1. It wouldn't surprise me if most places take 1% shrinkage besides dockage set according to their own grain pans and devices.

·
Registered
395 Posts
. . . . . . . .just remember in world markets, there is no #2 Canola traded. It all gets blended and mixed to become a #1. It wouldn't surprise me if most places take 1% shrinkage besides dockage set according to their own grain pans and devices.
The CGC has regulations in place to deal with these issues. However it is up to us to identify them and get the CGC to enforce them.

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
CGC might have regulations, but it also depends on how willing the grainco is to do business with you, blending, etc. One local company consistently grades our wheat better than the other, for example. And one will try to work to blend off our worst stuff with some of our better stuff, whereas the other company won't blend our lots at all. Or at least hasn't in the last few years.

·
Registered
395 Posts
CGC might have regulations, but it also depends on how willing the grainco is to do business with you, blending, etc. One local company consistently grades our wheat better than the other, for example. And one will try to work to blend off our worst stuff with some of our better stuff, whereas the other company won't blend our lots at all. Or at least hasn't in the last few years.
Could it be that one Co is better at knowing their blending abilities better than the others? If there was universal training all would be the same.

Deals are made in market office, grades are what they are on bench if assessed right. IMHO

·
Registered
368 Posts
Could it be that one Co is better at knowing their blending abilities better than the others? If there was universal training all would be the same.

Deals are made in market office, grades are what they are on bench if assessed right. IMHO
Agree that the deals are made in the office and grades are for egos. What does it matter that you are getting a poorer grade this year than last, as long as the money works out. I have dealt with so many guys that would not sell a product unless I upgraded. To stroke the ego I call it a #1, buy it as a #3. Happy, stupid, and poor. Other guys will let me call it a bag of used marbles as long as I am paying them top price. Rich and humble. You pick where you want to be.

·
Super Moderator
5,036 Posts
Try a crusher direct like bunge ,they are easier on grading then export elevator
Can't remember what year Western Canada had a terrible green seed issue but I do remember United Oilseed Products in Lloydminister took out a full page ad in the Western Producer publishing they're discount schedule.
So much better was it than local bids even 400 km freight left you far better off!:)
Don't think it's called UOP anymore?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
can't remember what year western canada had a terrible green seed issue but i do remember united oilseed products in lloydminister took out a full page ad in the western producer publishing they're discount schedule.
So much better was it than local bids even 400 km freight left you far better off!:)
don't think it's called uop anymore?
It's ADM now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.