The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I run a 2366, nice machine. I'm not sure that you'll see much of a capacity jump but the cab will certainly be nicer. I can't speak to all of the changes that will have been done other than that. Someone else recently posted a list of annual changes to case combines in a similar thread to this. If it's around 2000-2500 seperator hours the shaker arm bushing should be done to prevent the sieve frame from cracking. Also, I don't know if the older ones had a grease fitting on the hydraustatic and it was just hard to get at or if it didn't exist at all. I know we had the pump on ours go and then the mechanic added one. This seems to be a bit of a known problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Love my 2166. Bought mine with 4700 sep hours on it. My theory is if you don't get one with really low hours (<2000), your better off going with a higher hour machine, where everything that wears has been replaced. I found that the 2000-3000 hour machines had some things replaced (shaker bushings, maybe some bearings), but not everything. So in the next 1000 or so hours, you'll be replacing more things. My machine has almost everything new - hydro, tires, augers, concaves, sieves, etc.

If your looking for more capacity, you'll want an 88.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
We used a 2166 for a few years before going bigger. Had a 30 ft honey on front worked well mind you we were growing navigator durum which has a lot less straw to put thru. Taller varieties we are now growing we would Definately be going slower. Nice combine though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.