The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

It is a winter time for us in Europe. Nothing to doe. So I started to dream how interesting it would be to go to Australia and see by my self a harvesting out there. Some big fields with a lot of combines in them. Lets say totally not European harvesting

No tourist agency's offering such a trips . I believe some one in this forum knows where is possible to see such a things. Who knows it may grow in new brunch of tourism
"FARMERS WINTER TOURISM"

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Fantastic idea, shaulinis. A trip would have to have several days at a beach, though. It can't be all combines, all the time.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
step right up step right up. once in a lifetime offer, harvest australian style, more headers (combines to you) than you can poke a sharp stick at, beautiful beaches about 40 minutes away and all sorts of other stuff, and all it will cost is......is....... well i havent got that far yet but the idea is sound

steve

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glaad you like the idea
and the last but not lest it is alvays fun when group of 20 farmers traveling together rather then with some strangers.
So any ideas to witch conner of Australia I must look to find nice sandy beaches and big fleets of combines and also the timing when it is a best time for that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Australia has been in drought for 8 years and there isn't as much to harvest then normal years. Most crops are baled for hay because of failed crops. Some crops just die when they are a few inches out of the ground.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I gather Lachlan is form over east, over in the west it is not quite as bad as what Lachlan says, but for example, we only expect 1t/ha to break even, and this year most farms are going about 2t/ha. however the strong Aussie dollar is killing us as exporters, within the last 14 months grain prices have gone from $400 AU/t to $200 AU/t.

Harvest over here in the west is starting very slowly, but should kick in next week with a few hot days drying out this weeks thunderstorms.
If I were you, come over to the West, I would recommend either Kalbarri, Dongara, or Jurien Bay, where there are nice white beaches, hot weather, and broadacre farming happening within 20km from the coast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts