The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Auction ends today in a few hours. Go bid. Price is cheap at the moment. Like scrap metal cheap.

I bought it this summer. Can't get it across the boarder and put it back up for auction. Looking like I will loose a few thousand dollars.

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I might have made a bit after it was all over. Rather have the bin but I am sure happy with the results. Just some math. After some fees and stuff. I pretty much broke even, maybe. Still happy with that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
How come you couldn't get the bin across the line?

Lots of truck traffic going back and forth, or was it just cost prohibitive to get those specialized trucks to cross the line?

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A bit to wide. So no one wanted to haul it on a flat bed. No bin hauler had the license to cross the border. Meridian and the other bin builder guys had zero interest, busy hauling their own stuff. Had one guy that looked into it for me. Said it would be expensive. I said go for it if he could. Ended up not being able to haul it for some reason.

I think if it stayed in Alberta it would not be to bad.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
A lot of things are still possible is Alberta, specially when done under the protection afforded by "farm jurisdiction". I have been trucking and hauling over dimension in Alberta for 50 years and it is way harder to do now than it used to be but still way easier than most other places. That gets into another discussion of red tape and regulation that is what killed Ian's original good plan here, and a lot of other possible good plans. Why should a bunch of bureaucrats that have never done a day of real work in their life make it so hard for those of us that try to?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts