The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
We bought one this year and it works good. The more we used it the quicker we get, just learning a few tricks to stream line the operation. Two of us can have the wheels changed in just under two hours torqed and ready to roll on a 4830 deere.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
What are they worth?
Too much! Although I think Viterra...CPS maybe is getting rid of some of this equipment they used to carry so there may be discounts?

I had a patriot and could just spin the rim on the hub once we put it on there with the telehandler, worked great! Took under an hour to do all 4 tires. Now have this NH front boom and just studs...no hub.:(

Is there any good way to rotate the rim to line things up or does one have to build or buy one of these?

·
Premium Member
3,107 Posts
You can set the rim right on the drive hub also on a JD sprayer and then spin the rim to line everything up. Works great with a forklift. I don't use a chain anymore to lift the tires either. I just put the fork through the centre of the rim and then I just drive up to the hub so my fork is just a hair above it and then we just slide it right on.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
If anyone is interested we made our own. It's a bit cruder than vale solutions. I can send pics if anyone is interested. Pm me we are looking to sell ours first 300 takes it

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Too much! Although I think Viterra...CPS maybe is getting rid of some of this equipment they used to carry so there may be discounts?

I had a patriot and could just spin the rim on the hub once we put it on there with the telehandler, worked great! Took under an hour to do all 4 tires. Now have this NH front boom and just studs...no hub.:(

Is there any good way to rotate the rim to line things up or does one have to build or buy one of these?
Your rims have one single hole in them? Ours guardian does. Just make a spear that mounts on your pallet forks Works like a dam. Sorry I can't take credit for the idea tho

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Your rims have one single hole in them? Ours guardian does. Just make a spear that mounts on your pallet forks Works like a dam. Sorry I can't take credit for the idea tho
Excellent thanks! I suppose the only concern is that it doesn't slide off the end, maybe make a flange so it stays near the end though?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Excellent thanks! I suppose the only concern is that it doesn't slide off the end, maybe make a flange so it stays near the end though?
It never has been an issue our pallet forks are on loader so just tilt it up a bit. Make sure your hole is always at twelve o clock and your studs will line up pretty close

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
For your red/blue nitro/cnh global sprayer, to rotate the hub you have to have the engine running and the park brake off. Block the other wheels. You can carefully walk down the ladder with the park brake off, it will fold down slowly under your weight. I use about a 5' prybar to rotate the hub to match the wheel.

I made a back rest that goes on my forklift forks for changing tires. The rest is about 4' high. The forks protrude about 16" or so to lift the tire. The back rest has tubing the forks slide into, and bolts that clamp solid against the sides of the forks. This way we can get the back rest up next to the tire, and strap the tire to the back rest with a 2" ratchet strap. Those skinny tires are to dang heavy to screw around trying to roll by hand. I know of both a neighbor and a mechanic that have been put in the hospital from sprayer tires that fell on them.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
There is no safer tool than the wheel wrangler to change out large sprayer tires IMO. It is a very dangerous job and you are always in a hurry. We have a 4930 and change the wheels up to 5 times a season. We use it on a 60hp tractor with pallet forks. One person on tractor running loader and clutch, one person on ground lining up wheel studs and holes. When slid on to stud at 12 o,clock put on nut, lower loader, put on nut at 6,oclock and then back away. The safety chains hold tire in place untill wheel is secured. Very handy and safe. Myself and my father will change out tires in 1 hour give or take. The wrangler was not necessary with 47 and 48 series sprayers because of the hub we could slide rim onto studs, but the 49's are just plated rims and the tires are A LOT BIGGER and heavier. Price should never be the issue on safety. I highly recommed it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.