The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to think I know what I am doing whenever I do anything but I like to learn how to do things better. Been running a TR86 in beans for over 10 years and due to some bad circumstances with my dad I now am chief harvester and run a TR97 in beans and run all the corn with it while someone else helps with beans in the TR86. A bit of a capacity difference there is the most noticable thing. Anyways, I was reading the manual and saw that the claim when you drop your rotor speed 10% you are at max capacity. I usually run 50 rpm less than empty speed while in beans. But I got to thinkin that isn't enough according to the manual. Empty settings are usually about 800-900 rpm so I should drop to 810 if set at 900. That seems like an awful lot. Corn seems worse yet. Doesn't seem like I can drop much over 30 or 40 rpm's before loading the sieves. Although this is in dry stalk corn and I did have a lot of MOG. Today was kinda overcast after a rain and only cobs were going in. I also just happen to see a thread on the IH board where they were talking about running until you dropped the engine rpm's to a certain level. So I guess my question is what are your settings in corn and soybeans typically, how much do you drop your rotor rpm's from empty, what are your yields and moisture, and what is your speed? Thanks for any and all input.

·
Registered
38 Posts
10 percent of engine speed would be 200+ rpm. that is a little much. i think 5% to 7% would be more like it. if you are in good corn your sieves would be full with 10% rotor speed drop.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts