The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering when to change the rub-bars on our CR960. not quite 1000 separater hrs and they dont look too worn to me, the leading edges are rounded and because of the mounting some spots are worn more then others, basically I'm looking for an excuse to put in a precision farm parts rotor since its cheaper then buying rub-bars from New Holland ( $2400 a set of rub-bars vrs $2100 to redo the whole rotor) and after changing the bars its another $800 to balance them. We put in a PFP back beater last year and it was a big improvement in rotor load so redoing the rotor can only make it better right?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we went with the precision Farm Parts rotor. cost a bit so I hope we see the results. only done 30 acres of orchard grass and about 15 acres of rye so its hard to say so far. Can run the concaves at least 1/4" further open so I have to push it a bit to keep it full. Thats what Mike at PFP recommends. nice smooth thruput too.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After putting thru close to 800 acres of Rye so far with the new rotors I can say that the improvments are incredible. I can hardly get that combine to rumble now, when it does start rumbling I know I can almost wring the straw out it will be that wet. On the field we are on now, with millet and quackgrass for undergrowth (and still very green) I know last year I would have blown quite a few concave shearbolts and plugged it at least 20 time. no plugs so far. and before, when the power level hit 112% I knew I had to seriously pull back on that handle. Now I can keep it at 120%. It just keeps chugging along. opened the concave from 3/8" to 9/16" and slowed the rotors from 1530 rpm's to 1350 and still doing a great job. Its so easy on the grain that even the grasshoppers are making it thru alive (not that thats a good thing) Our neighbor helped us for 20 hrs with his CX 8080's and I could keep up with those conventional's and had a better sample too. ways less cracked grain. Lovin it so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts